Hand knit blanket

The obsession continues.

Squishy!
Following up on the most recent post, imagine my surprise when I went to Michael's today and found this yarn:
Also, can we just appreciate "Free Spirit" translates to "Anti-conformist" in French?
The yarn usually retails for $35.99 per skein, but it was on sale today for 50% off. So of course, I bought 3 skeins.

The price on these go for about $395 from boutique stores like the Citizenry. A smaller weave retails from about $150 from Crate and Barrel.

I followed a hand-knitting tutorial from youtube here, from a local boutique based here in Denver.

This is unspun wool, which comes apart a lot easier than you'd think. I ended up with one of these:

Oops.

I started by chain stitching 19 stitches across the bed.


I then followed the tutorial to hand knit a row.
I continued to hand knit the entire skein.
It ended up taking 3 skeins to make a throw, about the size of a queen bed.

This was exactly what I was hoping to achieve. Soft, squishy, and warm!

If there's enough interest, I may end up listing these on my Etsy shop.

Until next time!

~K

Comments

Popular Posts