Cold Colorado Chunky Throw

Is anyone else obsessed with those chunky throw blankets? Maybe it's just me, maybe it's just that I spent the last four days frozen in the frigid temps here at home, but lately I have been o b s e s s e d with chunky throw blankets.


$100-300 bucks? No, thank you.

I bought a bunch of this yarn at Michael's instead. 

I probably bought WAAAYYYY too much. What can I say, I can't be trusted in craft stores with credit.

I used this pattern. I used four strands because I wanted something warm and bulky to snuggle under, but jumbo yarn isn't yet available in my local craft store.

This pattern calls for arm knitting, which is a really trendy but needle-less method. It looks really weird.


I'm already a knitter, so I didn't find the technique too hard. That said, this was my first arm knitting project, so it's a little messier than I've come to accept in my knitting. I definitely had flashbacks to beginner knitting, and it was hard to figure out proper tension. Overall though, I like how the looseness of the stitches makes it a more open weave pattern.


All in all, it took me a little over an hour for this whole project, and I've got a cute throw to put in the living room. Not a bad use of $30.

~K

Comments

Popular Posts