Stainless Steel Look Hack

I'm so excited about this one that I'm going to do the reveal first:
Stainless Steel Look!
Yep, it's official. I'm thirty-something. Back in my twenties, carefree and so naive, it never crossed my mind that a person could have feelings about a kitchen appliance. But, alas. Fast forward ten years, and I have learned it is not only possible to loathe one, it is also possible to covet one. Thirties are weird, y'all.

So, as you might have surmised, today is all about the Dishwasher Hack. We are still waiting on our rebate before buying our new fridge, and we were hoping to squeeze at least part of the cost of the oven in there. We are opting for stainless steel. I cannot wait! I keep finding myself in Home Depot, entranced by the beauty of the stainless steel fridge the way a kid stares at a doll in an old Christmas hallmark channel original.

In the meantime, our dishwasher was looking a little sad, but she's a strong workhorse. Also, it's the only appliance in my kitchen that I don't just loathe with a burning passion. It's solid, reliable, and actually cleans dishes without having to do a lot of handwashing before loading.
There she is, Old Reliable.

But... yeah. Not so pretty. It's a little dated, and won't match well with the new stuff we are hoping to get.

After searching the web for a simple replacement panel and learning they were $75 I stumbled across the greatest invention man has created since the space ship: Stainless Steel Con-tact Paper.


It's not the stuff you remember from Grandma's house. It's strong, flexible, and not super-sticky. Because you can peel it off, it's also an option for renters.

You can get some here on Amazon. This stuff only costs $12.27 and if you're a Prime Member you get free shipping.

That's all for today! Let me know what you think!

Comments

  1. Now that's a great idea! I've never seen it before. I enjoy your clever projects--keep it up!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts